AGF Group has announced the acquisition of Rendan Fabricators Ltd., a well-established company that has been working in the field of reinforcing steel since 1970 near Halifax.
Officials say the businesses” share the same values, the same vision and the same sense of rigor and quality in the execution of our tasks and in the level of service provided to customers.
“Joining their entity to ours therefore seemed obvious to us.”
Rendan’s recent projects include:
- Nuttby Mountain Wind Farm, 22 turbine bases, 1130 Tons, 2010.
- Eastern Passage Wastewater Treatment Plant, 1260 Tons, 2011.
- Citadel Hotel Redevelopment, two 15 storey hotels & 18 storey apartment building, 1830 Tons, 2012-2013.
- The Interchange (apartment building) : 2650 Tons, 18 more months to completion.
- CBRH Clinical Service Building (hospital addition in Cape Breton) : 1600 Tons, 18 more months to completion.
“This is really great news for them and for us. By joining us, the Rendan team will benefit from the support of our head office for corporate services,” AGF Group said in a statement. “And the AGF Group will be able to benefit from the reputation of this company, recognized for the excellence of its work in its region.”
The entire Rendan team remains in place for the continuation of activities, under the leadership of Joey MacEachran. The business unit also keeps its name and will report to Charles Chebl – senior vice-president execution of the AGF Group.