CaDCR Staff Writer
The Government of British Columbia has selected three qualified teams to submit requests for proposals (RFP) to design and construct the Highway 1 Jumping Creek to MacDonald Snowshed project.
Highway 1 will be widened to four lanes over a 2.6-kilometre section between the recently completed Illecillewaet project and the Jack MacDonald Snowshed.
Safety will be improved with median and roadside barriers to reduce frequency and severity of collisions. The project also includes avalanche and rockfall mitigation measures.
The three teams selected to participate in the RFP are:
Emil Anderson Construction
- Emil Anderson Construction (EAC) Inc.
- Urban Systems Ltd.
- BASIS Engineering Ltd.
- Ecoscape Environmental Consultants Ltd.
- 6 Point Engineering Ltd.
Jumping Creek Constructors
- Aecon Constructors, a division of Aecon Construction Group Inc.
- Ledcor Mining Ltd.
- Parsons Inc.
- Tetra Tech Inc.
- Clifton Engineering Group
- Dynamic Avalanche Consulting Ltd.
Kiewit Infrastructure BC ULC
- Kiewit Infrastructure BC ULC
- Kiewit Engineering Group Canada ULC
- Ecora Engineering & Resources Group Ltd.
- CM Rock Engineering Ltd.
The total estimated project budget is $245 million. The federal government has announced $45 million.
It is expected that the team will be selected by the fall of 2024 with construction beginning by spring of 2025.