The international commercial and scheduling consultancy DGA Group says it has opened its first office for the North American market in Calgary.
“DGA Canada offers bespoke specialist risk management, commercial and scheduling services suited to all sectors of the construction industry, and has an established and expanding international client network,” the announcement says. “DGA Canada builds on the outstanding reputation of its newly acquired Hambleton Risk Management (Canada) Ltd. business.”
The company’s services include:
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of project risks, preparation of risk registers and monitoring change in the project risk profile
- Advising on procurement strategy and drafting bespoke contract terms
- Technical audit of tender documentation and/or preparation and review of tender documents
- Tender review and analysis of the viability of contractor schedules, method statements and resource proposals
- Devising systems for effective contract/subcontract administration and commercial management of the project. periodic review of systems in operation, early identification of potential problems and devising effective solutions
- Monitoring progress and contemporary assessment of the effects of disturbance
- Advising on the management, containment and resolution of commercial and contractual problems
- Detached and objective review of claims entitlement and likely settlement levels
- Claims development and defence documentation suitable for carrying through to any dispute resolution process
- Expert Witness services in relation to time and quantum matters, preparation of reports and giving oral evidence
The DGA Group head office is in London, England with eight other offices including Hong Kong, Johannesburg and Singapore.
DGA Canada is headed by John Foster, who the company says is “widely regarded as an expert in his field with over 40 years’ industry experience and whose professional opinion has been relied on in proceedings on over 70 separate occasions.”
“I am looking forward to maintaining our high standards of delivery and value for money to our clients and relish the opportunity to grow the DGA Canada business.” Foster said in a statement.