Leveraging technology to meet customers’ on-the-go needs
HD Supply White Cap, one of the nation’s largest distributors of tools, supplies and safety products to professional concrete, specialty and general contractors, has announced its new mobile site, specifically aimed at smartphone users. The new mobile site offers customers the ability to research, shop and order quickly.
“Creating a dedicated mobile site was a key strategic project for the company because 23% of our online customer interaction comes from smartphones and that number is growing rapidly,” says John Stegeman, president, HD Supply White Cap. “We are committed to meeting the changing needs of our customers. The launch of our new mobile site and apps reinforces our online presence and adaptability.”
Customers visiting WhiteCap.com via a smartphone will automatically be redirected to the new mobile site. Separately, iPhone® and Android® smartphone users can also download the company’s newly released mobile application for an easy-to-use shopping experience, which includes a Concrete Calculator, Branch Locator, and the White Cap SpeedBuildSM tool that assists in purchasing frequently ordered items. The White Cap app is available today in the Apple® App Store® for iPhones and the Google® Play Store® for Android devices.
Key features of the mobile site include:
- Detailed product information pages
- Simple checkout, that allows customers to charge their accounts
- Quick order feature allowing customers to purchase the products they need in just a few clicks
- Simple account registration, along with enhanced account management capabilities
Key features of the White Cap application include all of the shopping capabilities available in the mobile site, plus:
- SpeedBuildSM, a tool customers can use to quickly order commonly purchased items. A HD Supply White Cap account manager reviews each transaction to ensure accuracy and the best possible customer service
- A concrete calculator that calculates several of the most common concrete needs
- A branch locator to quickly find the nearest branch, either using GPS or by zip code lookup. A click-to-call feature and driving directions are included
“Now that we have completed our mobile site, our next logical step will be to develop a tablet-friendly version,” adds Stegeman.