Lafarge Canada Inc. has announced the launch of its new, modernized logo and an updated commitment to its communities and customers. Building Better CitiesTM will be applied to all internal and external marketing and communications materials across Canada.
Speaking on behalf of Lafarge Canada Inc., Eastern Canada president and chief executive officer Bob Cartmel said: “Our vision is to become the leading provider of solutions to the construction industry, and our mission is to provide solutions that build better cities and communities. The cities where we live and work along with the infrastructure that supports our communities such as roads, bridges, transportation links, water, and waste management can and will benefit from the solutions we provide through Lafarge.”
“Building Better Cities also speaks to our Sustainability Ambitions for 2020,” Cartmel said. :Our manner of operating with the environment as a priority and giving back to the communities where we operate also create better places to live, work, and raise a family.”
Lafarge Canada, a major player in aggregates, asphalt, cement, and concrete will continue to be a major contributor towards developing enhanced cities and communities with a unique range of products, services and construction solutions in a number of key areas:
- More durable cities and communities, focusing on the strength and longevity of construction by taking full account of environmental concerns, particularly the energy efficiency of buildings and the reduction of CO2 emissions;
- More connected cities and communities by supporting the development of all infrastructures – roads, airports, stations, bridges, tunnels;
- More beautiful cities and communities through the combination of innovation, performance and architectural expertise to create visually bold solutions;
- More housing, in particular affordable housing, in large and small communities;
- More compact cities and communities by playing a key role in the construction of vertical buildings which help reduce urban sprawl.
“Our commitment toward building better cities and communities encompasses our overall ambition,” he said. “Although Lafarge’s work in this area isn’t new, we believe that by explicitly stating our purpose, we will be in a stronger position to work even more closely with our customers and stakeholders to the benefit of communities across Canada.”