The Passive House Institute (US) (PHIUS) has sent a note to encourage western Canadian building professionals to attend the 12th annual North America Passive House Conference in Seattle from Sept. 27 to Oct. 1.
Core conference presentations will focus on:
- Deep building science topics/passive building best practices;
- technological developments, systems and materials innovations;
- case studies in all climates with all construction types: Single, Multifamily (lo, mid, hi), commercial, retrofits, source-zero projects;
- latest policy and financial tool developments;
- passive source-zero buildings + renewable grid-solutions; and
- international climate-specific passive building solutions.
There also will be a pre-conference workshop:
- PHIUS+ Rater Training
- Intro to WUFI Passive/Plus Dynamic
- PHIUS+ Hygrothermal Modeling Protocol
- Indoor Air Quality RESET Training